Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Apple Cobbler

I got this fancy little baking bowl for Christmas. It came with a little pamphlet of recipes and other good ideas for the bowl's uses. We loved the spinach dish I made in it. Last night I tried the apple cobbler recipe. It's really the same as apple pie, just in a deep bowl.


It calls for the slices from 3 apples, 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon tossed together, with butter on top. The bowl is small enough that though it calls for a top and bottom crust, I made both out of one crust and still have half the crust recipe left to use in another way. 


I love this bowl. It doesn't look like it holds much, but for our family of three, it makes a perfect amount. 


Fidget was very excited to try apple cobbler. It turns out she isn't interested in it after all. What she wanted was the ice cream.


1 comment:

  1. What a neat little bowl! It does look like it makes plenty. Too bad I wasn't there to eat Fidget's share!!

    ReplyDelete