Sunday, September 1, 2013

Note to Alexis

Fidget made a new friend over the summer. She lives down the block and has been over frequently swimming and playing all kinds of fun yard games. Recently Fidget has had a burden for this little girl's soul. She has been praying about telling her about Jesus. The other day she couldn't wait to give Alexis a little note when she came to play. They went swimming, so I got to read the note, below. Later Fidget told me she'd written a devotional about Jesus' life for Alexis to read every night at bedtime.






Spelling notwithstanding, it humbles me that God would do so much in a girl this young; my girl, a kid I don't deserve. It is tempting to kick myself because I see how Fidget loves God, and I didn't become a Christian til I was 22. But it was all in God's plan. And now we are praying Alexis sees she is in God's plan too.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. What a sweet girl you have. You have taught her well by your own example of loving others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so in awe of God, Zoe, when I see Him work like this. One of my favorite Bible verses for home schooling and parenting is Job 42:2 which says, "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted." God comforts me with this. I know I can't ruin Fidget, that He will do all His holy will and intention through her in spite of my best and worst performance as a parent and sinner. He is good! xo

    ReplyDelete