Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Elms

I am finally getting wise. The Pres has a Daddy-date with Fidget once a month on her birth date. Yesterday I thought, why can't I do that too? Sure, I'm with her every day, all day. But so what. We're going to go out and enjoy, whatever day it is. She brought her purse with her so she could be a big lady. But I was proud of her when she didn't squander her money at the gift shop.
So, we did our school work, and then we went to the Elms. It's one of Newport's big mansions and Fig has wanted to go there since her auntie and I went there in March. Photos aren't permitted inside so we took a few out in the gardens before we stopped by Katrina's Bakery for a giant glazed ladybug cookie and then home for tea and reading. 
I've got lots of friends having babies lately. Last week I made four baby sweaters. I found a pattern that was so cute, I wanted to make one for everyone! I will show those sweaters next time. Three are on their way to new little ones. I can't wait til they get them.  God has given me such joy for others. And such contentment, praise Him. I am happy for my friends, and I'm enjoying this little girl while I've got her. Thank you, Lord.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great to take some special time w/your girl... the days go by and if you don't make a date for it, it usually doesn't happen! The grounds of The Elm's looks lovely... I'd want to climb under that tree!
    And you are the Mario Adretti of knitting, that's for sure!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies, if the pattern wasn't so very small, I wouldn't be able to do them so quickly. You will too, you'll see! Next post I'll show the four I did. I still have one button to sew on but as you can see I've been busy enjoying my little one, painting, visiting grand homes....

    ReplyDelete