Sunday, September 4, 2011

Today my inlaws are on their way. All the talking and planning and cleaning up are over. They're really coming! Fig and I have a list a mile long of things we want to do with them. The topiary garden, the water, bike riding, the gelato shop, the knitting shop,the cliff walk,  the mansion tours... We can't wait! I hope to get some great pictures over the next couple of weeks.

The Pres ordered an underwater camera too, so I hope to have fun shots of all the things he finds for us. When I go down looking I realized I can't see well through the mask or goggles because I leave my glasses at home. But he is a good sport. He brings up lots of unusual things like sea stars and urchins, the other day he found a live conch, and he has salvaged useful things like a Razor scooter for Fidget.

There are several hours left til the folks come. The house is vacuumed, the laundry is clean, the bread just came out of the oven. Maybe there's still time to finish Mumsy's knitted birthday gift before they arrive. It's a toss-up though; I'm also reading Alexander Mccall Smith's The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party, the latest in the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency series. It's so hard to pull away from a good book!

2 comments:

  1. Yay on the underwater camera!! I'm so excited about that and can't wait to see the pictures!! Thanks for accommodating me!! ;-)
    Have fun w/the folks... Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be sure to put new underwater pics on as soon as it arrives-provided all this rain stops :). If not you may have to wait til you come take pics yourself! xo

    ReplyDelete