Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yes, Yes, and Yes

I was reading Psalm 16 this morning, where the psalmist says, "The boundary lines for me have fallen in pleasant places." and in 2 Corinthians 1 it says that all things are Yes in Christ. Even when I don't get my way, or when no matter which way I turn there doesn't seem to be a good choice, it is a relief to know that God's choices, the boundary lines, fall where he wants them. And that in them there is a Yes. Even when it doesn't feel like it. Even when we don't see it. Christ is redeeming all of it.


Here is my little Rose Tree Cottage quilt. When we moved into that house, it was just a house. But somewhere along the lines, while we were doing a lot of physical work on it (the Pres more than me), God changed my heart about the house, and it became a thing of beauty. Looking back on it reminds me this is just a small picture of what God can do with anything. He can change any heart. From weeping to rejoicing, all in His time.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! What did you use for the front path? Is it a pebble-print fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, exactly Laura, it is pebble-printed fabric. I wish I could remember which company made it but I can't. I probably made the quilt in about 1996. I had lots of fun with silk ribbon flowers and beading on holly bushes and in the lawn- for the stubborn dandelions I was trying to get rid of at the time!

    ReplyDelete