Thursday, March 31, 2011

Comfort, comfort my people

There is so much hurt in the world it is tempting to write about that every time. I have a hurting friend today and want so much to be a balm for her spirits. A rainy day friend, not just a friend when the sun is shining. 

I am lacking in the right words, what to do, how to say anything to help. Having been through a time of hurting I saw God work through what people said to me or what they did for me; even though now I don't remember specific things friends said. The days seemed long, the self-questioning relentless. 

Looking back now I can say for sure that God worked through that hard time. He is still working in it, using it. Though I don't know what to say or do for my friend, at least I can let her know I am here and praying. I know God is at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment