Friday, March 11, 2011

Control Freak

There is so much going on in the world that's out of our control. Okay, let's face it, none of it is under our control. Recently I caught myself inwardly fretting in an idle moment. What if...? But then the words of Jesus in Luke 9:20 from our church's ladies' Bible study came to me,  

"Who do you say I am?"   

I have been thinking about this, and answering this question in prayer, for a week now. It is a convicting question. I have read the parallel passages in Matthew 16:15 and Mark 8:29. Peter answered him, "You are the Christ, (and in Matthew 16 it goes on:)  the Son of the living God." I have examined my heart  on this. Do I really live like I believe Jesus is God? If I believed it truly, if I set my eyes and heart on Him, would I fret so about world events and have nightmares about my fears? 

I love impetuous Peter of the Bible. With him I answer, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." I pray today I will take the Jesus of the Bible so closely to my heart that I do not fear the world and its chaos. I know I am not in control of it, but God assures us, He is in control. So there's no better, safer place to be, than with the God who created the world and each one of us who are walking it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment