Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Honey Bunnies

Fidget and I had a little party today. The ladies who sit at the same table as I do at Bible study came over with their kids for lunch. They brought the lunch with them, all we did was offer our place and make some sweets. Here are the honey bunnies. Fidget loves helping in the kitchen so we picked these out to make. Though it was tough deciding on whether to make the peanut butter turtles or the honey bunnies.

The nicest part after preparing the house a little and baking, was just being with the ladies while the kids played together. It is so rare we get to lose track of time and just enjoy fellowship. There's practically nothing so encouraging to me as meeting with other believers, other women from any walk of life. I was enriched by our time together today and felt afterward I need to continue to seek out these times. For myself, yes, but for building up others, and for showing Fidget how we should practice hospitality. It isn't the grandness of the home or the dishes that make teas, lunches, or other gatherings special. It is giving time that says to the others, you are important to me. Don't we all want that?

"Let us not give up meeting together....but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:25.

No comments:

Post a Comment