Thursday, January 13, 2011

Letting it Rise

 I've been baking a lot this week. Besides being one of my favorite things to do, I find it stimulates creativity in other areas as well.
 So I haven't gotten to the little quilt idea yet, and that's okay. While I work on these recipes, I am turning over that quilt in my mind, punching it down, letting it rise.

Now there are lots of good things to eat here. The bread and these hamburger slider buns came out the best ever, 
 but the angel food cake was a humble pie of sorts. I'd already mixed up the batter when I realized I didn't have the chocolate mini chips my recipe called for. I knew it wasn't advisable, but I used regular chips instead. They sank right to the bottom, which, once the cake is turned out, is the top.
Fortunately almost anything can be improved with a quick chocolate chip glaze. Meanwhile, I have an idea for a new story, and the quilt design is being modified before I ever cut a thing.

2 comments:

  1. Reading your blog is making me hungry!! ;-) EVerything looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait til you see the ethereal bread I baked today!

    ReplyDelete