Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Lord's Delight

A long time ago someone wrote this verse in my birthday card. I still have it and have gone back to it many times in the past ten years: 

"The Lord delighteth in thee"- Isaiah 62:4 


In me? After all I've done? Knowing my struggle with sins? My failure to hold my tongue? My reluctance to do what I ought?... Yes. The Bible tells us, we are the Lord's delight. Why is it so hard to believe? Because I know myself, my sins and shames. We each know our own sin. But the beauty of the Bible is that God does not wait until we are good- He would be kept waiting forever!- no, instead Christ died for us while we were still sinners. And because the price He paid for us was so high, so dear, 'the Lord delighteth in thee.' Praise Him!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment